Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fridayfictionfriend ~ what it's all about!

Why am I starting Fridayfictionfriend?

For anyone who loves to read, we all want that endless stack of great TBR (to-be-read) books on our night stand.  Yet, we all love to read different things.


Last year on my writer Facebook page (under Jill Hannah Anderson) I ran a weekly Sunday Night Suggestion, where I recommended books I've read and loved.


I had great feedback from that, and would have continued except for:  #1. I don't have the time to read a book a week, and even though I recommended books I'd read over the past few years, it also made me think about how we all don't read the same type of books, which led me to #2.  We all don't read the same kind of books (oh right, I already pointed this out!) but it is so true.  Example here ~ I am in the very small minority of people who didn't like the best seller Gone Girl. I didn't even finish the book.  It creeped me out too much.  


Which is a great case in point for the purpose of this new guest blog.  Bookstores and libraries are full of many different types of books.  And sometimes it's hard to know where to look for that next book you'll love.


We've all mowed our way through every book a favorite author has written, and then thought "Now what do I read?"  We have friends and family who recommend books, places like Goodreads... and now THIS guest blog!  


Each Friday a guest will tell us a little bit about a favorite book of theirs.  It doesn't have to be a new release, bestseller or classic.  And if it sounds great to you, we hope you check it out!  Guests might be an author or writer, an avid book lover or blogger.  All different age ranges, living in all different cities.


There are a number of ways you can follow along to get your weekly Fridayfictionfriend book recommendation.  You can follow through "Subscribe in a Reader" on my main blog page, or follow by email on this page. I will also be linking my blog each week to my Facebook page and also to my twitter account.


The guest for the week will likely be linking their post to their social media sites too.


If you are interested in being a guest contributor, please let me know ~ either post here, or you can email me or FB message me... whatever works best.  (If you've let me know already that you are interested, check your email, I recently sent a mass email to the authors/writers/book lovers who've shown an interest.)


Sooooooooo... if you're looking for a good book to read, stay tuned ~ our first guest contributor starts Friday, September 26th!

1 comment: