Friday, October 10, 2014

REDEEMING LOVE, by author, Francine Rivers ~ recommended by book lover, Abby Jorgensen

Author / Writer / Book Lover - which are you?

Abby Jorgensen ~ Book Lover!

Title of fiction book Abby recommends, year published and genre

REDEEMING LOVE   (2005)   Christian historical fiction

Author name

Author ~ Francine Rivers       

What is it about this book that pulled you in?

AJ ~ It’s worth noting how much I did not want to read this book. My mother gave it to me, told me it was fantastic, and it sat on my shelf for months. Once I finally exhausted all of my other options, I opened up Redeeming Love. I was hooked by Sarah’s story – her nightmare of a childhood and how it hardened her heart. My own heart broke for this woman, who was sold into prostitution as a child.

Is there a relationship in the story that resonated with you? 

AJ ~ I think what I related to most was Sarah’s relationship with herself. She had such a difficult time with forgiving herself, feeling she was unworthy and incapable of real love. I think at some point in our lives, we all wrestle with questioning our worth. I could relate with wanting to make a change so badly, but having failed in the past, I wondered whether change was possible in me.

Do you think that relationship was portrayed realistically?

AJ ~ I do. Despite being set in 1850 during the California gold rush, I could see Sarah’s story occurring anywhere at any time. It had moments of being corny, but the majority of the story was so raw that it made up for itself.  

Anything else you can tell us about the book without giving away too much of the plot?

AJ ~ It is a Christian book. I appreciated the way Francine Rivers portrayed that sometimes it’s almost impossible to see God in the circumstances of this world, but that He is there… and He waits with unending patience as we grapple with whether or not we will choose to seek Him. 

JHA ~ Thank you so much, Abby, for taking the time to share a book you love with us!

Attention readers ~ Have YOU read this book?  If so, tell us what YOU thought of it!

To follow our weekly book recommendations by guests, just click the "Follow by email" link on the right side of this page, or sign up on my website through blogger or google plus.  Also, I've been having some "issues" (that word covers a lot, doesn't it?) with my comments area in my blogs.  If you have problems, please email me, or feel free to leave a message on my Facebook page.  Thanks!

Interested in being a contributor?  Contact me via email link on my website home page (www.JillHannahAnderson.com) You will also find the list of upcoming contributors under the Fridayfictionfriend tab.  I'd love to hear from you if you have a great book to recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment