Friday, May 29, 2015

AFTER I DO, by author, TAYLOR JENKINS REID, recommended by author, M.M. Finck

Author / Writer / Book Lover - which are you?

Author/Writer/and/Book Lover  J

Title of Fiction book & year published

AFTER I DO, published in 2014

Author name

Taylor Jenkins Reid

Type of book

Women’s fiction – equally perfect for book club, beach, and bedtime

What is it about this book that pulled you in?

The premise.  Who wouldn’t be pulled in by:  “When Lauren and Ryan’s marriage reaches the breaking point, they come up with an unconventional plan. They decide to take a year off in the hopes of finding a way to fall in love again. One year apart, and only one rule: they cannot contact each other. Aside from that, anything goes.”

Is there a relationship in the story that resonated with you?

Lauren and Ryan’s difficulties are relatable to even the happiest of married people.  Their love story and their struggles felt like my own.  Though there was little factual resemblance, their emotions were mine too.  I felt their frustration.  Immersed in this novel, I was confused and scared and lonely and in love and scared I couldn’t feel it anymore.  As they grew, I grew.  I enjoyed Lauren’s co-worker/friend too.  She portrayed a different stage of life – married with children.

Do you think that relationship was portrayed realistically?

Absolutely.

Anything else you want to tell us about the book?

Taylor Jenkins Reid is my favorite new author.  Her first novel FOREVER, INTERRUPTED was also extraordinary.  Her voice is pitch perfect.  Her third novel MAYBE IN ANOTHER LIFE is coming out July 2015.

If author or writer, your social media links:

Thank you, Jill, so much for allowing me to share on your fantastic blog!  J

MM Finck
Writer
www.mmfinck.com
Facebook.com/mmfinck
Twitter.com/mmfinck
Goodreads.com/mmfinck


JHA ~ Thanks so much, Peggy, for pointing me to this author. I just finished this book and loved it!

Attention readers ~ Have YOU read this book?  If so, tell us what YOU thought of it!

***To leave a comment - Click the red 'comment' word below photo of book.

Interested in being a contributor for my new book blog? Contact me via email at jilla27@gmail.com. THIS BLOG WILL BE REPLACED IN JUNE BY MY NEW BOOK BLOG ~ SharingYourBook blog.  I'd love to hear from you if you have a great book to recommend.






4 comments:

  1. I just finished reading this book, and I'm so glad you recommended it, Peggy! I now want to read Taylor's first novel too. What I really liked was the in depth look at marriage and how important communication is in a marriage. I also loved the author's wit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful, Peggy. Thanks for the recommendation. Jill, you book blog is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Normandie! I hope my new book blog, SharingYourBook blog works well for everyone too. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks Peggy and Jill for another great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete